My Business
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

error 404 when trying to view page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am new to google+ and google my business community.

I am setting up locations on google maps and google+ pages, with one brand page .

I can click manage the page and view the google brand page, but when i click edit page, it brought up error 404,The requested URL was not found on this server . 

Is it just error from google server? or i need to do something else to have a brand page?

Your help would be much appreciated :)

Regards,

Anton Winarto

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: error 404 when trying to view page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello Anton,
Could you please clarify your statements.
You mentioned a Brand page, but those cannot be found on Google Maps, only Local pages can

Did you create also a Local page?
This help article explains the differences between the Local and Brand pages
https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566606

Could you please provide a screen capture of your My Business dashboard to see what you have there.
This is the URL of the My Business dashboard
https://business.google.com/manage

Could you please also provide the name and address of the business to see if there are any public pages for it?
Thank you

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Yes please provide some clarification and answers to Treebles questions. My impression from the way you described it is that you created local pages and one brand to represent them all in addition to the local pages.
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear treebles,

Thank you for your speedy response, i think i've created the brand page, i was trying to change the name of one of the page , but it gives me the 404 error when i tried to edit the brand page information.

It doesnt seem that the photo upload is working, or i am just doing it wrong..

it gives me this message

"Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied." 

Regards,

Anton

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hello Anton,
How many pages do you have in your My Business dashboard?

Would you mind providing the business name and address?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
i have 2 accounts on my business dashboard

-1 account under my name which have some brand pages
-the other account is the business account which i transferred the 4 locations (2 verified, 2 in process)previously was under my personal name account

i just wanted to make a google+ page /brand page
while the 4 locations each have their own google+ page created automatically when i setup the locations

i hope this explains

both of these accounts shows up as unverified ,is this a problem? do i need to get both verified? how?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
i apologize for my vague explanations, but i am unable to upload pictures to better explains the situations.

i made smartdeal_ID google+ page before , i think it is independent from google my business pages/accounts

i've made 2 posts on the google plus page and now the page is gone (it gives me error 404)

try googling smartdeal_ID google+

i hope this helps explain the situation better

thanks to treebles and Colan N for the help so far

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hello Anton,

You wrote

| both of these accounts shows up as unverified ,is this a problem? 

What accounts? Your Google accounts?

If so, it makes no difference.

Just to be clear, there are only Google accounts.

So you have 2 Google accounts, one that contains Brand pages and the other Local pages.

Why did you split them to two separate Google accounts?

What do you think it is the benefit of doing so?

Once you create the Local pages through the My Business dashboard an unverified Google+ Local page is created automatically for it. Once verified, it is inserted in the Local database and can be found on Maps and Web searches.

It seems that you have 2 verified Local pages, those should be found on Maps and Web searches, the other two are unverified and you are waiting for the verification code.

Is that the current situation?

If it is, what is the issue you are trying to resolve?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Marissa_GMB (Community Manager)
February 2017

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Treebles and Colan,

thank you so much for your time trying to explain the problems and solutions to me , i really appreciate it. I checked again today and the google+ page is there again, instead of the error 404 they gave me before. so the problem now is solved :)

Best regards,

Anton

error 404 when trying to view page

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Update: For whatever reason I seem to not experience this issue when I use the following address...

https://plus.google.com/u/0/ listed at this post:

...which I discovered here: https://productforums.google.com/d/msg/chrome/YujcLvH-p7I/Xs1MDAe5BgAJ

___

My original comment: 

I have been experiencing the same or similar problem for months when I attempt to switch to manage my Brand Accounts profiles from my personal profile. It seems to be an intermittent glitch where I can get it to work sometimes, but usually not.  I am happy to provide screenshots, URLs or additional info, as needed.