My Business
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

dumb it down please! Googe plus, business, places, maps. Argh!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are just trying to rank in organic searches when someone enters our business category such as "photographer."  We have done the verification step, but our old Google + (or is it Google places?) review does not show up.  We were told that if we do not do a Google business account and actively seek and obtain reviews, then we will not show up in searches when someone types in our business category. 

In the past, we created a Google Places listing.  Then, I think we created a Google + listing.  Now people are recommending the Google business page, but nothing seems to be integrated/synced......WTH, I'm wasting so much time.  I simply want to know the best way to show up in near the top of the page when someone types my business name.  I also want clients to be able to do reviews if they would like, especially if this increases any rankings. 

Why are there so many google things one has to do and be aware of?  google places, google maps, google search, google plus, google business.  some allow reviews and some don't.  some sync with the others and some don't.  AAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!  please someone dumb this down and help me with what is important!!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: dumb it down please! Googe plus, business, places, maps. Argh!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jen,
Please, see my reply in the other thread where you asked the same question.
Thank you

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor