My Business
6.5K members online now
6.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

deleting former Business page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello.  I bought a restaurant called Gregory's Steakhouse.  It had a bad reputation so I re-branded it Gregory's Roadhouse Grill.  How do I remove the Gregory's Steakhouse business page?  People are confusing it with Gregory's Roadhouse Grill.  Thanks.  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: deleting former Business page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @CJ B

In a past situation the owner had to prove that they had indeed bought the restaurant and were new owners ( they had already claimed the google business page )

If you can hang tight, I want to find out what would be the best course of action here.

Prove new ownership and claim the listing, with the reviews being removed.

Or create a new one and have the old one removed.

It may take a few days for me to get an answer, and I'll get back to you.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

deleting former Business page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

first of all you go to your my business page and then go to settings and delete your page its very simple bro

Re: deleting former Business page

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @aniket s

Please read the question properly before providing an answer.

The OP has not claimed the business, therefore there is no business page to delete. Further more, in this instance with a business page that has been around for a long time, deleting it, will not remove it from maps.

I appreciate you want to help and this is a user based help forum, just read the question and problem before providing feedback.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership