My Business
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

change gmb lelf picture

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My Google my business presentation used to show the profile picture on the left.  This week it is showing one of the other pictures.  I always want the profile picture - how do i ensure that w/o deleting all the other pics that i would like people to see when on 'see photos'. business comes up under Heather Smith Lapoint toledo.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: change gmb lelf picture

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Heather S

searching for your query I get this KP:

Screenshot 2016-02-09 at 19.49.34.png

to what "disappeared" photo do you refer (used to shown up)

The photo of your face (left side) or the cover photo (right side) of below?

Screenshot 2016-02-09 at 19.53.56.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
profile picture - head shot is what i would like in that left hand spot.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
when did you add https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-GKrPpZIIRxQ/VowoZiVVkhI/AAAAAAAAADM/SWGZD0GL2oQ/w391-h274-p-o/ to your business page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
it was posted as a PHOTO AT WORK just over a month ago. Why does that matter? Is the Left picture not dedicated to a PROFILE picture? Do they scroll?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ryan K (Community Manager)
February 2016

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

setting new main image.png

If you go to your profile and hit 'manage photos' there's a little easy to miss 3 dash drop down that lets you pick which image Google should show. If you haven't hit that yet, make sure it's set properly... but don't be surprised if that doesn't work either. Try it, and if nothing changes in a few days you might want to try removing the other image it's showing. I haven't always had great luck with this in the past.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

at first like to say thanks to @james w for his hint

secondly answering  to @Heather S

You should be aware that any Knowledge Panel (KP) for any business  is not a direct mirror of the business  page content it refers to.

If you added the new photo a month ago it could well be that Google finally changed / updating the KP couple of days and now are showing the new photo in the KP instead o your profile pic

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
James - Thanks for the direction. I have the Profile option corrected and it the google search still shows one of the Photos at Work pictures. Any other ideas?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

like @Helmut Geissler said, the knowledge panel doesn't map directly from the GMB listing. It might change to the one you want in a few days if you let it sit. The other option would be to remove the picture that's currently showing, wait for your chosen picture to display, and then add the picture back in, hoping it won't switch back since you've got that profile option set. A pain I know, but that's what I've been doing to help business owners in a similar situation. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I can do that but it appears that the system is very immature. Thanks so much for your help!