My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

cant locate business under google maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi...i now have verified my business google, have some adverts running in google, but for some reason when i search 'raw local honey melbourne' i cant see under the listings

please help...Frankie from www.BeeRescue.com.au

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Yes, but you rank for [bee rescue melbourne] which on first landing on your site, it seems like that's the majority of the content there. 

https://goo.gl/maps/HUaHGGpQVEM2

What kind of Ads are you running? I saw zero ads on Maps for [raw honey melbourne], but that may be related to my location?

You might want to develop additional content about raw, local honey on your homepage to your site. Raw is mentioned 3 times. Once in the body of the text, once as a link, and another as a byline. That tells search you don't think it is an important part of your business. 

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Sorry @Joel H for chiming into this thread of @Frankie S

From my point of view the listing @Frankie S is talking about is somehow "broken" in  case he meant this listing: https://goo.gl/maps/QX44sU1ovcE2

Why does it look broken?

It seems beeing a service area business (just showing the city and no address) but there is  no service area specified.

I would like to understand what address specifications have been specified by @Frankie S in his dashboard 

Frankie: can you please provide a screen grab of your dashboard in Edit modus showing the address and service area specifications for "Bee Rescue - Heidi Honey Hurstbridge"?

Thanks

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Re: cant locate business under google maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks!!...

this is the relevant ad

- Raw Local Honey - Melbourne

- from ethical beekeeper

- beerescue.com.au
- No syrup or sugar added. Cold extracted. See also our hay fever &
sinus remedy

on maps, we can see the us on when typing 'Raw Local Honey'...but not 'Raw
Local Honey Melbourne'

Frankie Spranger
0408 336 363
BeeRescuer@gmail.com
www.BeeRescue.com.au
www.facebook.com/BeeRescueMelbourne

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks ...see below reply please..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi...sorry, couldnt take a screen shot...but here is the detail you seek:
Serving customers within 200 kilometers of by appointment only or see website for markets, 30 Gosfield Road Hurstbridge VIC 3099

Only visible to you

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks..have now added 'raw local honey (melbourne)' in around 6 different locations on website....please let me know if this helps?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi  @Frankie S

This  GMaps link https://goo.gl/maps/Co5G3yiUwQH2 

shows now a service area listing with hidden address - its problem is the large radius of about 80 (or bit more) miles.

According our experience any Service area listing with an radius >> 35 miles is of no benefit and tends to zero ranking results. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Helmut...have reduced area to 66kms..and will check in a few days and let you know...cheers Frankie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi...have reduced radius to 66km for a week now, and significantly increased 'raw local honey' on the website a few weeks ago, but neither of these suggestions have solved the problem...we still cant find us on google maps when searching 'raw local honey melbourne'...please help