My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

can't verify with code.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have received my code but cannot verify, it doesn't give me the option? It says we have emailed you? When I try to verify it takes me to a window that doesn't even have the correct address.Screen Shot 2016-10-28 at 10.45.57 AM.pngThis is the wrong address.This is the wrong address.When I click on "Verify now" it won't let me put the code in I received in the mail.When I click on "Verify now" it won't let me put the code in I received in the mail.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: can't verify with code.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Mark D

The first screen shot is List view which is for bulk management businesses that do get emailed, so its a standard message.

As a single location business you should use the Card View.

So you say that is the wrong address, why are you trying to verify that one, when you show a different business address already created in 3rd screenshot.

Now you say, you can't enter the code. Given the two previous screenshots, I think you may have invalidated the PIN code.

Please select to verify again. Do not change any business details whilst the new PIN arrives, when it arrives, you can either use the direct URL that is provided in the postcard, or remember to use the Card view in dashboard, to go to your business page.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership