My Business
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

can't find my business on google map

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Screen shot for Malden Dentist search.PNGScreen shot for Malden dentist search 1.12.16 AM.pngScreen shot for Malden dentist search 1.11.16 AM.pngScreen shot for Malden dentist search 1.11.16 afternoon.pngScreen shot for Malden dentist search 1.10.16 Afternoon.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-10 at 7.22.20 AM.png

Our profile disappeared from Google maps. We constantly monitor search for "Malden Dentist" keyword on google and it used to come up 4th or 5th in the ranking below. However our profile is completely gone from organic listing when we search "malden Dentist". Also, it's important to note that search results are different in our local zip code for "Malden dentist" then when someone searches outside the local area like in India or California. PROBLEM IS WHEN WE SEARCH "Malden Dentist" LOCALLY from different computers and devices, we do not come up in Google maps or organic search at all. But if I enlarge the map then we always come up in top three. We continuously get filtered out for the "Malden dentist" search but our competition does not. We have an active Google listing, logging into business profile on weekly basis a few times, posting on Google +, facebook, twitter and getting reviews on Google as well. We are one of the most actively involved businesses when it comes to optimization google profile comparing to our competition but it is not reflected when someone searches in Google locally (malden Dentist", in our zip code or near by area. I can send numerous screen shots from different devices and different times when searching locally that show that Malden Dental Associates profile does not come up at all. Please advise I have attached a screen shot. Thank you! Lasha

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: can't find my business on google map

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Malden D

I would say this is likely due to a recent Google algo update referred to as "Possum". One change that has been noticed with it is that a business can get filtered on the initial search view because it has the same (or similar) address as another business in the same (or similar) category. I see there are two other dental listings showing that have the 389 Main St address. The results will vary by keyword and location so your might not always be left out of the results on the initial view, but it looks like Google is currently only showing 2 of the 3 listings at that address, so one will be left out until you zoom in or out.

You can more about the algorithm update here: https://goo.gl/cGWd9L

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.