My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

can't find my business on google map

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can someone PLEASE help me? 

Up until a month ago, when typing in 'planning consultants' manchester, my firm came up listed on google maps. However, it transpired that I had duplicate listings and one had the wrong postcode. 

After a little faffing, a google agent deleted one of the adverts and corrected the postcode mistake on the other. He also recommended some other changes (the name etc.) so that it would link naturally with my Facebook reviews. 

Followong this, I have completely vanished from the maps when searching. 

I have the correct tags. I have linked my google business page with google plus. Searching for the specific name shows it's linked with Facebook reviews. I post content through google plus, have a higher review ranking than any other consultancy and am varified through cylex. 

Here is the listing https://g.co/kgs/oYvwNh

Can someone please help? As since the listing dropped I've been practically invisible without running an AdWords campaign. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Alexis A

do you have the listing in question verified and managing it in your dashboard?

If so go onto the dahsboard and click the listing in question and the "EDIT"

You then should see top rigth a headline "publishe on"

Below of this should be two links:

GoogleSearch

GoogleMaps

Please copy & paste both links to here. 

Re: can't find my business on google map

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

I can't seem to find that through the app, but know it shows on desktop dashboard, I'll have to post the links tomorrow when I have access to my desktop.

I know for definite that the listing is verified and that it is published on 3 platforms. Google, maps and google+.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

I can see you for a search in your postcode

Planning in manchester  M1 2NR

You should do this basic search to check if you have a listing in maps.

If you change important information like name, phone no or address it can take Google a while to re-index you in search to appear for a normal wider search. It can take a few days.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This is the problem.

The displace listing.

One was deleted.

The M1 2NR should have been M1 6HP. Google changed this almost 4 weeks ago.

When I search 'planning consultants manchester' and click on the maps...it shows nothing in the listings. It used to be right up there.

I know it takes some time, but I'm not even more confused as to why M1 2NR is coming up for you after all this time!

Sent from my iPhone