My Business
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

business verification how is it linked to my email or telephone or website or gmail

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello I have a business that is verified by google, how is the business linked to my contact is it via  email or telephone

email or telephone

telephone nubmer or gmail account 

gmail account 

When I set up the account with a @mybusinessaddress I used gmail client to view the email. This is also linked to my telephone number. However,  I got a new SEO person who changed my website and also gave me a new mybuinessname@gmail.com account and then pointed all my emails to that gmail account.  So is the verification liked to the old email and gmail page where i can still see the google + and old emails or will it be linked to the new email as the old email is pointing there?  Thank you for your help

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: business verification how is it linked to my email or telephone or website or gmail

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Vici M

A Google business page needs an account in order to create and manage it. The account is not verified per say and you can change or transfer ownership of business pages to different accounts.

It is the actual business that gets verified, based on the physical location and business being there.

I'm not sure I understand what your "SEO" changed. If they changed domain you can change it in your Google business page, and you should still be able to access your account on the original one you created.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

business verification how is it linked to my email or telephone or website or gmail

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tim Thank you for your reply, It has helped me to understand that it is the business location that is verified. So I can change this verification to link to the new email address will the google + pages and all the work I put in there move as well. Just for clarification I added more detail on the situation below. 

My emails are no longer pointing to that account but I can still see everything like google + and the business page on this gmail account that is linked to my business email @mybuinessname.com  but the emails are now going to a new email the SEO guy gave me mybusinessname@gmail.com, the Url is the same www.mybusinessname.ca  

Thanks V

Re: business verification how is it linked to my email or telephone or website or gmail

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Vici M

So we only deal with Google business pages, and you can still access the account and business page with the account. So thats all OK, plus you can transfer as I showed above.

I would recommend you speak to whomever set up your emails.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership