My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

brand and service area for ecommerce business

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am launching a virtual rental e-commerce distribution platform that will provide products in various markets throughout Florida (to start). I don't own any of the products so I don't have a physical office (virtual). The products will be provided by the various local companies that I represent in each market.

From what I have read, I cant list in My business and create a service area, because they are limited to 35 or 40 miles and anything greater than that will delist the business (please confirm).

Therefore, it seems like my only alternative is to post a brand page. With a brand page, how can I maximize my business showing up in searches in the areas I provide product??

Also, what address should I use on my "Contact Us page"?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jim E,

Sorry but ecomm businesses as you mentioned can't have a Google Local page and are limited to ranking pretty much just in the city they are located in.

But brand pages don't rank in Google search or show up in keyword searches, so won't help you with visibility.

The only thing you are really left with as far as Google search is either organic optimization, which still could be really hard depending on the keywords/competition. Or Adwords which if you can afford might be the best way to go.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Linda.

So are you saying:

- on the contact us page I shouldn't include an address?

- without an address on the contact us page, I should immediately create a Brand page in My Business to have Google integrity? If not - what will do that?

Re: brand and service area for ecommerce business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Linda Buquet wrote:

Hi @Jim E,

Sorry but ecomm businesses as you mentioned can't have a Google Local page and are limited to ranking pretty much just in the city they are located in.

But brand pages don't rank in Google search or show up in keyword searches, so won't help you with visibility.

The only thing you are really left with as far as Google search is either organic optimization, which still could be really hard depending on the keywords/competition. Or Adwords which if you can afford might be the best way to go.

p
plice le

plice help my