AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

adding a manager

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone, 

this is going to be a rookie question. 

I setup my business page under my personal email address that I've owned for YEARS! 

Well, I am now bringing in a team of SEO managers and they've asked me to set up a google business page and because it's under my personal email, I need to give them the password to my account.  Is it possible to do this without disclosing my personal information? 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ryan K (Community Manager)
March 2016

Re: adding a manager

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kevin C,

To add a manager to a page:

1. Log in to Google My Business and choose the page you’d like to manage.
  2. Click the three dash menu icon in the upper left-hand side of your screen, and, toward the bottom of the panel that appears, choose Managers.
  3. Click the Add names or email addresses field, enter the address or profile name of the person you want to invite to become a manager, and click Invite. You can choose to invite someone as either a manager or a communications manager by using the dropdown menu that appears when you click in the Add names or email addresses field.

Full Help Thread  https://support.google.com/business/answer/3403100?hl=en

Let me know if you run into any issues

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Kevin :-)
welcome to the Google Analytics Community
It shouldnt be necessary to give them any of of your own login details.

I'm going to move this over to the Google My Business where they will be able to help you with
information about setting up a page for your business etc.

Thanks
Bronwyn
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ryan K (Community Manager)
March 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kevin C,

To add a manager to a page:

1. Log in to Google My Business and choose the page you’d like to manage.
  2. Click the three dash menu icon in the upper left-hand side of your screen, and, toward the bottom of the panel that appears, choose Managers.
  3. Click the Add names or email addresses field, enter the address or profile name of the person you want to invite to become a manager, and click Invite. You can choose to invite someone as either a manager or a communications manager by using the dropdown menu that appears when you click in the Add names or email addresses field.

Full Help Thread  https://support.google.com/business/answer/3403100?hl=en

Let me know if you run into any issues

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I wanted to ask how come seo costs so much isn't it all about the content writing that helps the seo

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Anwar,

Is this a MyBusiness question or just a general SEO question?

I know it isn't the focus of this thread but to give you a quick answer...content used to be king with SEO and just pumping out new articles, pages, etc was the way to go. Now it is more complicated and Google/Other Search Engines care about how relevant content is, does it answer the question users ask, what is user experience like on the page someone lands on. Now SEO is not as linear-focused and now is focused on areas such as title tags, descriptions, call-to-actions and CTR by targeting pages with high bounce and exit rates and improving that performance to show Google your content is answering questions, not just being added all the time.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much for the help it's much appreciated -- *T**hanks & Best Regards,* <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Posting Guidelines - in order to remove contact information which was most likely due to an email/mobile footer. Please be sure to remove this information in future replies.

adding a manager

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As a follow up to this question, is there a limit to the number of managers you can add to a GBL?

adding a manager

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

a limit to the number of managers you can add is  not known at the least - closing  this  very old thread for new replies