My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

add website as business, possible?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to have a website as a local business on google maps?

The reason I ask is that I have registred my company in norway and that company name must be the same as my name, hence has nothing to do with the product. So I thought it would be better to register my domain on google maps, having the physical address the same as my home address. Also this domain is registered to this company

So lets say I have a website where people can order service on their wheelchair, it could better if my domain appear on google maps my name....

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: add website as business, possible?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Audun,

It is only possible to list a business that make in-person contact with customers during its stated hours. If you do not make in-person contact with your customers then you can create a Brand page but not a Shopfront or Service Area page on Google.

If you are eligible to create a Shopfront or Service Area page then the name of that page has to be the same as your business name: "Your name should reflect your business’ real-world name, as used consistently on your storefront, website, stationery, and as known to customers."

I hope this helps.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: add website as business, possible?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Audun,

It is only possible to list a business that make in-person contact with customers during its stated hours. If you do not make in-person contact with your customers then you can create a Brand page but not a Shopfront or Service Area page on Google.

If you are eligible to create a Shopfront or Service Area page then the name of that page has to be the same as your business name: "Your name should reflect your business’ real-world name, as used consistently on your storefront, website, stationery, and as known to customers."

I hope this helps.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog