My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Wrong profile picture is displayed when google search is performed on my business

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I searched a business I manage today and found that the main photo displayed next to the info is a personal picture of the owner's ex-boyfriend and her. In my google business settings, I have a different picture set as the profile and this picture just showed up out of nowhere. This is damaging to my business I manage and it is hurting her reputation- we cannot even find the source of this picture. It is in no way even a part of our account, so how did a picture like this wind up as the primary photo next to her business name?

Here is the link for reference: https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjriv24wdbOAhVCySYKHbpXB2EQPAgD#hl=en&q=shiva+mazl...

What could I do to get this photo removed and replaced with the professional business photo I have? This picture is obviously not an accurate representation of this business at all. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much.

Shiva Mazloom Salon

6400 W Plano Pkwy, #30

Plano, TX 75093

(469) 789-6539

https://plus.google.com/+ShivaMazloomHairArtistPlano/about

Note: Two threads on the same topic have been combined here, in the earlier of the two threads. As a courtesy to other forum members, and to avoid confusion, we'd ask that you please post a question or comment one time only. Thank you.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Wrong profile picture is displayed when google search is performed on my business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ali

I'll check with my Community Manager and see if there's anything she can do about this.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Re: Wrong profile picture is displayed when google search is performed on my business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much Priya! Any help is appreciated, this picture is killing us right now- looks so unprofessional. Thanks again

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Priya,

We're you able to talk with your supervisor about the picture for this business I'm managing? I'm really trying to get it changed any way I can soon- I'm advertising in a local magazine that comes out in a week and I don't want new customers seeing this picture next to my business when searching my name.

Thank you,

Ali

Why is the incorrect profile picture is displayed when google search is performed on my business?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I searched a business I manage today and found that the main photo displayed next to the info is a personal picture of the owner's ex-boyfriend and her. The picture isn't even part of her business images. In my google business settings, I have a different picture set as the profile and this picture just showed up out of nowhere. This is damaging to my business I manage and it is hurting her reputation- we cannot even find the source of this picture. It is in no way even a part of our account, so how did a picture like this wind up as the primary photo next to her business name?

Here is the link for reference: https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjriv24wdbOAhVCySYKHbpXB2EQPAgD#hl=en&q=shiva+mazl...

What could I do to get this photo removed and replaced with the professional business photo I have? This picture is obviously not an accurate representation of this business at all. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much.

Shiva Mazloom Salon

6400 W Plano Pkwy, #30

Plano, TX 75093

(469) 789-6539

https://plus.google.com/+ShivaMazloomHairArtistPlano/about

Note: Two threads on the same topic have been combined here, in the earlier of the two threads. This post was the lead post of the second thread, and several replies from that second thread are included as well.

As a courtesy to other forum members, and to avoid confusion, we'd ask that you please post a question or comment one time only. Thank you.

Re: Why is the incorrect profile picture is displayed when google search is performed on my business?

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner
I would start by becoming a Manager on there Google My Business Page and then edit the photo from there. I had a similar issue and once I was added as a manager it was as simple as editing the main business image.

Re: Why is the incorrect profile picture is displayed when google search is performed on my business?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Mark, thank you for your response. I actually am the manager of the page and did change the main picture myself. Which makes it all the more confusing as to why the main picture I specified is not the same as what's displayed on google search.

Re: Why is the incorrect profile picture is displayed when google search is performed on my business

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hey @Ali A, try reporting the photo directly in the knowledge graph using the "feedback" link.

Check this article out as well for some tips that you can implement on the business website that can influence what shows in the knowledge graph - https://developers.google.com/search/docs/guides/enhance-site#add-your-sites-name-logo-and-social-li...

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hi Ali

I don't actually work for Google; I'm just a volunteer so don't have a 'supervisor' as such but I was able to confirm that the images search is not currently working as intended, and is being looked into.

Unfortunately that doesn't really help you right now I know - the best I can offer for the time being is to click on the image, and then 'send feedback' (very small link to the bottom right of the image) stating that this is not appropriate for the business.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Wrong profile picture is displayed when google search is performed on my business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Did you ever get this resolved? I have the exact issue. Google refuses to use the profile picture I upload unless it is the only image in my google my business account. And even then, a few days later it began using an old image that was deleted. That image is still deleted....so how is it my profile image..?