My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Wrong private phone number displayed at listing - review pending since two weeks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

Somebody published as a request our private phone number +436607****** in our google maps business listing. Our company didn' t want that this number get published. 

I have done several requests by editing the entry in "mybusiness" and it won't get updated. Since more than two weeks the status is under "review pending" and the phone number does not get removed or edited. 

So please remove our private phone number!

Best regards
Andreas
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Wrong private phone number displayed at listing - review pending since two weeks

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Andreas P

I investigated the matter and called then the supposed private phone number having  with you a longer talk

During our talk I understood you are the page owner of the listing in question and you already did as @treebles  advised  you in your other thread in the GMaps Help forum

But changing the private phone number in your dashboard to an official phone number of the company went into "pernding" status.

You also contacted busuiness support to get the issue sorted out but support refused to change it for what ever reasons.

Since you gave me the account information you are using  to create and manage the listing in your  dashboard I'm now going to escalate your issue to our Communication manager of the forum to get ths matter fixed.

I hope she will take necassary action asap.

Please be patient and stay tuned on this thread here.

Servus

Link is for  my own reference only:I need your help

Re: Wrong private phone number displayed at listing - review pending since two weeks

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Servus Andreas,

Google took some action to fix the private phone number.
Unfortunately it can take up to 2 days to get puplished - at the moment and from my German end it still shows your private phone number.
Don't touch your dashboard in the next two days.
But give here a feedback as soon the change happened for the listing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hallo Helmut!

I have got a mail from Google (Germany). They told me that my private number was found on one of the pages of wiener-gasometer.at and that this is the reason why they used my private number for the google maps (plus, business etc.) listing. I have removed the private number on this old sub-sub-sub-sub-page of wiener-gasometer.at .

thank you for your investigations
greetings from Austria
Andreas

Wrong private phone number displayed at listing - review pending since two weeks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I'm going through a similar issue with my  cell phone number. It is listed on Uber Daly City website on google maps. Uber denied that they have access to that account and google denied to remove the number because its from private user. Would you please help me? I tried sending suggestions and editing the number on line at no avail. Please help me in this matter. I have no idea what I can do on my end. I literally receive hundreds  of calls from uber customers from lost items to get a cab--which is extremely annoying. I have had this number for about 4 years.  Please let me know if I can do anything. 

This is the website where its listed: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Uber/@37.7013648,-122.4881874,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x808f7e...

Many thanks!