My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Wrong photo/links, once reported as spam and Google-removed, reappearing on my business listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Redirected from Google Maps Maker forum:

Registered and verified business, managed through Google My Business, thus marked on Google Maps.
I reported spam/images links appearing when googling for my business and those were partially removed.
Than, a removed image/link reemerged as a cover image in Google Maps in two days.

Shouldn't it be impossible if I already set a cover image in G My Business, and reported a reemerged photo as spam?
Also, no other user's photo should have priority before my photos? Especially if already reported spam once removed by Google?

To confirm, my Google My business profile is intact, nothing spammed there, but only in Google Maps, when browsing for My Business - cover image originates from other user's posts, mine is moved down the line.
It most probably is done by a bot or sth, and Gmaps/GMy Business should not allow repeated iterations of at least reported spam.

Is there a way to lock Gmap location to postings, or at least that posted contents are reviewed before made public, by the related business owner?
Browsed and found scarce info on the topic - except "reporting for spam to Google and waiting for their action" I could not find other solution.

This is becoming really annoying and I would really appreciate lucrative assistance on the topic.

You can find the result of google browsing for my business here: https://www.google.ba/maps/place/Stomatolo%C5%A1ka+ordinacija+%22a%26s%22/@43.8698901,18.4175195,15z...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Wrong photo/links, once reported as spam and Google-removed, reappearing on my business listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
...and it has happened again today.
Photo (which happens to be a link also) reappeared among photographs of the map location of My Business.
Same photo was reported a spam twice already, it was removed by Google and is reappearing to, what is less explicable to me, take the place of the cover image , before all my photos I placed through Google My Business profile that I set for the subject location.
It is the same photo, same link to the same page as two times before.
Page it leads to is a real website of a real business of the same kind, on the other side of the city.
It says for the photo that it is "From the web" and nothing else on its origin. I cannot find the spammer to report, what might be attributed to my limited knowledge on Google services.
Therefore, please advise, before this situation starts hindering my business (New clients reportedly are googling for my business and are confused now)
I would really appreciate knowing if I am doing something wrong.
What should be done?

Re: Wrong photo/links, once reported as spam and Google-removed, reappearing on my business listing

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Can you please provide a link to the photos you're referring to? I can't see anything odd by just looking but I also can't read a word of it since it's not in English.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Wrong part is that spam image/link, when clicked on, links to a website other than mine (it says www.dental-hodzic.ba, and not my Facebook site listed in the profile).
It is also dental business, but on the other side of the city.
Spam image should be on this link:
https://www.google.ba/maps/place/Stomatolo%C5%A1ka+ordinacija+%22a%26s%22/@43.8701748,18.417694,3a,7...

It is "From the web", no google user specified. I spam reported it for fifteen times at least, in last 2-3 days.
I have reported the reappearance of the same image/link three times , google was removing it and it kept on reappearing, taking the cover place on Google Map images listing.
I tried uploading a new image, in the principle of "last uploaded, first to be seen", but I could not move the spam one further in the row, it kept on being primary.
Can it at least stop reappearing?
Is there sth to be done from my side, to prevent similar things from happening, besides just spam reporting? (Approve images, as a busienss owner on the location?)
Thanks in advance

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm not sure that you are receiving my posts - I wrote twice last evening as a "Reply" to you, but none of those are shown under your post. I hope you got them.

Nevertheless, spam image/link is this one: https://www.google.ba/maps/place/Stomatolo%C5%A1ka+ordinacija+%22a%26s%22/@43.8701748,18.417694,3a,7...

Best regards

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hey Nino,

Your last reply didn't post for some reason but I see it now. Here is how to deal with photos you don't want showing on your page: http://onlineownership.com/how-to-report-photos-in-your-google-business-page/

Owner of Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot for your reply Joy.

Fortunately, no one amended anything in Google My Business besides me.

Should it ever happen, I will follow the instructions from the link you provided.

Image I reported as spam was user added (or bot added, I don't know) in Google Maps results when you google for my small business.

I spam reported it 20 times in several days and now it is gone (after its third reappearance in the last month)

To my understanding, first appearing photos once one googles for my business and opens Google map location of the same, should be the ones I added through GMB page. 

When looking for me in GMaps, first photos one sees (in "imagery") are user added photos, whereas photos linked to the same location through GMB are a the end of the line.

Is there a way to prioritize/affect/arrange the order of photos in Google Map imagery results tied to the location of My Business?

Since I cannot remove photos other users added (to my knowledge) to Google Map location of My Business, at least those would, this way, be at the end of the line, so that spam or abuse of such kind would at least be less harmful.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nino X
July 2016

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Nino,

The article I linked to is how to get rid of improper photos that others added of your business. I'm not talking about ones you added yourself via GMB. If you read the article you'll see it fits the issue you're describing and how to deal with it. It gives you the email form to use to contact Google to get it fixed.

The order of the photos in the search results are decided automatically and you can't specify the order. I know that Google doesn't like logos so if you're trying to get an image to show up you'll have a better chance if it's not a logo.

Owner of Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Joy,
Thanks a lot for your assistance.
At the moment no spam photos tied to the location of my business i.e. 'hope I don't get to use your advice.
Good to know about the main reporting line.
Not good that Google does not prioritize business owner before visitors/clients in photos order (on the same Google Map location), but that is not up to you (and could use little improvemet).
Thanks again for you efforts.
Best regards,
Nino