My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Wrong phone number "somewhere" on Google

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am an electrical contractor in Columbus Ohio. I am getting 3-4 phone calls a day from people with questions about or wanting to pay their electric bill to our local electric provider AEP. I have been unable to get anyone to screen print and email me exactly what they are looking at, but all have verified that it is our phone number showing. 

I contacted AEP and they are such a large company that nobody can seem to point me in the right direction about their online listings.

All of the calls that I am getting are from people using their smart phones for a search, and it seems all the searches are on the south side of Columbus. I am hoping that someone from Google can contact me in order to get this resolved. 

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Frank

I know it's been a few weeks since you posted here - is this still an issue for you or have you been able to resolve the problem? If it is still a problem we'll need your business phone number in order to help.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Re: Wrong phone number

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi there,

It has not been resolved. My business phone # is 614-392-2908.

Thank you so much

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Wow this is an interesting case Frank. The only record I can find so far of a business using that number is Bradley Electric, which I'm assuming is your company?

It is a shame that the callers can't send you a screenshot of where they see the number as that would obviously make it a lot easier to get it changed! I'll keep searching though and see if I can find the errant listing - it just might take me a while.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog