My Business
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Wrong language - new review email notifications

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

I am getting the new review email notifications on my "Google My business" page in a language different than the one I've setup for both my Google Account (My account/Account preferences/Language & Input Tools) and Gmail (Settings/General/Language).

Is there a way for me to change the language in which Google sends me these automatic emails?

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author João P
July 2016

Re: Wrong language - new review email notifications

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I belive GoogleMyBusiness sent notifications in the language the creator or page owner hat creates and verified the page:

Give you a sample: this page https://plus.google.com/111042777645263539577/of a Brazilan user have been created in English Userinterface for what ever reason by the owner of the listing. Means:
He should get notifications in English.
Unfortunately it's a long term story that this "language-property" of a listing can't get changed - unless starting from scratch

Re: Wrong language - new review email notifications

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Helmut,

Thank you very much for your answer. 

I guess I'll send the direct link to the English version of the "Reviews" tab to my teammates so they can at least work in a familiar environment despite the language of the notification emails remaining unchanged.

All the best

Wrong language - new review email notifications

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I dont understand the solution and this has been going on for 9 years.