My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Wrong information connected to business on map

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, when I search for my business Woodlands Nursery it comes up with the correct category - day nursery and the correct telephone number yet the linked website and actual location are not ours? Is there a way  can edit this?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: Wrong information connected to business on map

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Google offers business the opportunity to verify their and make sure that most information about the business is correct. Instructions are here:
https://support.google.com/business/answer/2911778?hl=en

Often when Google has wrong information about a business it reflects a bigger problem that might need to be addressed.

Could you share your complete business details; address, phone, website so that we can take a look and advise you better

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I had a home office for the Kentucky Nurses Association which used a PO Box for all of its mail. Some how, my home address was put on Google. The company has moved, but my address and photo of my home still shows up when you search them. Can you help get this removed?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Carlene,

Does the result at this link show the information you want removed? https://goo.gl/w99wfz

If so, then just click on the address and phone details. This will bring up a box that you can clear of all address / phone details. In the note box write exactly what you've written here - that this is your home address and that the company does not operate from that address.

It may take a couple of days for the information to be updated, but if you don't get a confirmation in a week that it has been approved, then please come back here and let me know.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog