My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Wrong category

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having trouble changing something in Google Places.  I have tried multiple times to change our category from 'car leasing' to 'car rental'.  On the Google Places that appear when searching for us, it comes up with leasing, but when I go in to edit it, it says car rental.  

How can I get "Car Rental" to stick?

Pegasus Rental Cars Dunedin

51 King Edward St

Dunedin

0064 3 455 8660

https://plus.google.com/b/109719373723931432470/109719373723931432470/posts?gmbpt=true&hl=en-GB 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Wrong category

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Darrin

This sounds like an issue with language settings. I am in Australia and my language settings are set to Australian or UK English and when I view your Google+ page I see 'car rental'.

I think you must have UK English set up for Google+ which is why you see Car Rental when editing but a US English setting somewhere else so you see Car Leasing when searching.

I wouldn't worry too much about it - Google knows enough about language idiosyncrasies to associate leasing and rental searches together. 

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog