My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Wrong category

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to help a friend that owns an Acupuncture Clinic improve their Google footprint  

They have a GMB page set up with the business listed as an Acupuncture Clinic they also have a brands page set up the same way when I click on the maps button from the GMB control panel I see the listing category as  Acupuncture clinic.

Business name    Jilin Acupuncture

Address   3607 Old Norcross Rd, Duluth, GA 30096

Phone   (770) 813-2213

Website   jilinacu.com

When I go to Google Maps I see the listing as Holistic Medicine Practitioner. Acupuncture is the main business of Jilin Acupuncture. Acupuncture is considered Holistic Medicine. When I attempt to edit the category to Acupuncture Clinic nothing happens other than an email acknowledging that the edit was submitted.  WHY? 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/JiLin+Acupuncture/@33.9648555,-84.1412446,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Wrong category

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Chris D

I looked in mapmaker and holistic is set as primary and acupuncture as secondary.

So, log into the account and remove holistic from primary and replace with acupuncture clinic.

screencapture (15).png

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership