My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Wrong category shown in Google Web Search (Knowledge Panel)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

we manage the Google My Business record of "Ostseesalzgrotte und Naturheilpraxis" and set "Zentrum für Schmerztherapie" (="Center for Pain Therapy") as its primary category.

This also shown in Google My Business and Google Maps (German) (https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ostseesalzgrotte+und+Naturheilpraxis/@54.10625,11.8962713,17z/data...).

But in the Google Web Search Knowledge Panel (https://www.google.de/search?hl=de&q=ostseesalzgrotte&oq=ostseesalzgrotte) for this business, the category is displayed as "Klinik für Schmerztherapie" (="Clinic for Pain Therapy") instead which is completely incorrect.

Interestingly, in English translation of Google My Business, the selected category "Zentrum für Schmerztherapie" (="Center for Pain Therapy") is displayed as "Pain Control Clinic" (="Klinik für Schmerztherapie") - the same incorrect category as shown in German language in Google Web Search Knowledge Panel for this business.

There seems to be an issue with the internal mapping of English category translation with other languages.

Is there anything we can do from our side to fix the category?

How can we contact the support concerning this?

With best regards.

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

mache mal bitte einen screenshot der Zeigt welche deutschprachige Kategorie du fuer den Eintrag eingegeben hast.

Und welche Kategorie sollte denn deiner Meinung nach die richtige sein.

(please provide a scren capture showing the cats as specified in your dashboard - and what cat should be the right one)

Im deutschen UI von MapMaker sehe ich nur zwei Kategorien:

(below the cats as in MM visible dependign on the Userinterface)

Zentrum für Schmerztherapie
Wellness-Center
und im englischen UI von MM sehe ich diese vier
Pain Control Clinic
Spa, Fish Spa, Massage Spa

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Google decided in their fathomless wisdom changing in March 2017 their system of notifications about new threads or responses in the GMB forum to a very worst behavior. This way they corrupted my workflow entirely. Don't expect I will notified about any new response by you on my posting here unless you're using the mentioning functionality on your new response - mentioning me per " @[my name]"

Re: Wrong category shown in Google Web Search (Knowledge Panel)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut G,

vielen Dank für die schnelle Reaktion.

Hier die Screenshots:

FireShot Capture 45 - Ostseesalzgrotte und Naturheilpraxis - Google-_ - https___www.google.de_search.pngGoogle WebsucheFireShot Capture 47 - Ostseesalzgrotte und Naturheilpraxis –_ - https___business.google.com_b_1173.pngGoogle My Business - ausgewählte Kategorie

Re: Wrong category shown in Google Web Search (Knowledge Panel)

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

ok @Hans Werner S

I belive I understand your issue:

You don't really refer to wrong categories displayed but to the so called "editorials" shown in the knonwledge graph below the review score line as per this two screenshots: 

screenshot-www.google.de 2017-03-22 17-23-43.pngscreenshot-www.google.de 2017-03-22 17-24-50.png

And you are complaining  getting displayed there in German UI "Klinik für Schmerztherapie" and in Englsih Userinterface "Pain control clinic"  despite of having specified as main category just "Zentrum für Schmerztherapie"

Is your main problem getting displayed "Klinik für Schmerztherapie" instead of "Zentrum für Schmerztherapie" .

Are there any legal concerns about Googles usage of "Klink" versus "Zentrum"?

Supplementing edit

to make the issue  and concern of @Hans Werner S  more clear:

On GMaps the same business will shown up correctly as "Zentrum für Schmerztherapie" .

So his issue is apparently restricted on how the knowledge graph displayed  his business:

here the GMaps view and compare it with the above screenshot of the KP in German UI

screenshot-www.google.com 2017-03-22 17-53-51.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The term "Clinic" is misleading as it suggests inpatient treatment

(rooms for the patients for overnight stay).
In a "Center for Pain Therapy" the patients get only outpatient treatments.

"Clinic for Pain Therapy" is the wrong term,

"Center for Pain Therapy" is the correct term.