My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Wrong business showing in google search

N/A
# 1
N/A

Hello,

We recently renamed our business entry in MB from "Simon Lyn - Mortgage Broker" to "Bespoke Mortgage Group"

We also have another agent at our same office named Ryan Dennahower who also has a separate MB setup using the same address, different phone,website.

If I google bespoke mortgage group everything comes up fine. 

If I google Ryan Dennahower everything shows up fine.

If I google Simon Lyn ... Ryan's MB profile shows. 

We just noticed this not working the other day. No changes have been made to either MB account in weeks. Ryan's MB account doesnt reference Simon's name anywhere so I'm assuming it has something to do with the address

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Wrong business showing in google search

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

Can you provide the maps listings for your business entry and for Ryan please?

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

N/A
# 3
N/A
Hello,

Here is the link for the business : https://goo.gl/hQIXKL

Here is the link for Ryan: https://goo.gl/9g8ZRI

A search of Simon Lyn should result in the business address.

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Thank you for the additional information. it does appear that Google is trying to meet the searcher's intent by serving up what it thinks is a match to Simon Lyn, because there is no actual Simon Lyn page anymore.

As your business is a multi-practitioner business I recommend removing the phrase (Simon Lyn) from the Bespoke Mortgage Group in line with Google's guidelines, and then creating a new page just for Simon (as you have done for Ryan).

It may take a little while for Google to make the connection but it will soon stop serving up Ryan's page if there is a better alternative (i.e an actual page for Simon Lyn).

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog