My Business
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Wrong business location showing despite search using specific other location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am managing three locations for a business. 

Each business has it's own G+ page and has been verified and appears on maps when searched.

The businesses are called: Doc's Fish & Chips, Downpatrick; Doc's Fish & Chips, Newcastle and Doc's Fish & Chips, Ardglass.

Newcastle & Downpatrick locations show up fine when searched, but when I search 'Doc's Fish & Chips, Ardglass' it keeps showing the contact info, address and map location for Downpatrick.

I can't see what I've done differently that is making this happen.

Could it be something to do with the postal address for Ardglass also listing Downpatrick (as it is nearest big town), I have tried to edit this multiple times, but it never seems to register!

Any help that could be provided would be much appreciated.

Thanks! 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Wrong business location showing despite search using specific other location

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Morgan M

Is this the one you refer to?:

Screenshot 2016-06-03 at 13.15.37.png

Re: Wrong business location showing despite search using specific other location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Helmut,

Yes, it is.

So it is okay when searched in Maps, but when "Doc's Fish and Chips Ardglass" is searched on the main search page, the right hand info box brings up the details for the Downpatrick location of the shop, instead of the Ardglass location.

Any ideas on why that may be?

Ardglass shares the same postal town as Downpatrick as it is in a similar area, but no matter how many times I attempt to edit and remove the Downpatrick reference in the address, it doesn't save the changes.

Any advice you have on what may be causing the issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut,

Please see example of the issue that I am referring to below:

Ardglass. Search.jpg