My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Wrong address listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have been trying to amend the address of our business from 20 Lacy road to 

18-20 Lacy Road  Putney London SW15 1NL since a long time but it does not get amended. 

Also there was a previous restaurant Samratt indian cuisine at this address before us and now we are at this location but still instead of our Kashmir Restaurant the closed restaurant is visible. Could you please assist and remove Samratt including its pic from google and put our google tour instead. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Wrong address listing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Kashmir R

I see the amended address at your business listing: https://www.google.com/maps?cid=6131872360911278842

If you are seeing it elsewhere, please provide a screenshot so we can see what might be the problem.

Re the previous business - that won't be removed from Google's local database, but by building up Google's trust in you, you can increase the possibility of your business being shown.

One way to do this is to increase the number of online citations for your business - at the moment, doing a search for your business brings up lots of articles about your business opening soon. You want to start getting more citations in online directories like Yelp, TripAdvisor and other local dining directories to show that you are open for business.

Also, instead of using a generic maps link on your Contact Us page, I'd use the embed code that Google provides. Your website designer should be able to get that. Using this code will show the name of your business and the number of review stars you have and will be linked more closely to Google Maps.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog