My Business
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Wrong Photo for Business Listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. BoxFox

2. 600 E. Ohio Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202

3. N/A

4. https://plus.google.com/115047848291348666815

The image that is being shown just below the search bar on the below screenshot is not associated with BoxFox. The image is being pulled from this article: http://www.pursuitofshoes.com/2015/09/gifts-bachelorette-party-cruise.html, which references another company with a similar name. Can you please have this image removed, as it is not relevant for our business?

Note: I'm not able to submit the form with an inline photo, but you can find it here: http://s33.postimg.org/fqtb1h2qn/Screen_Shot_2016_06_03_at_10_49_28_AM.png

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Wrong Photo for Business Listing

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Joe,

I am sure one of the experts will jump in but wanted to help get you started. When you search for your business and see the image in question, press the send feedback option, this will enable you to send a message to Google to have them review the image and help get it removed. 

1234.JPG

Using the feedback option will speed up this process, if you have other employees who can flag it as well would help speed this up. I just did this this week for another business and it was removed pretty quickly. 

When you hit feedback it will populate like the image below, mark the image and save. 

78.JPG

Just wanted to help get you started. 

987.JPG

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Joe V

And Thanks @Spencer_Wade

I would also report the image appearing in Maps for your business.

screencapture (100).png

Use the top left menu to report image.

This is known ongoing issue where Google bolted on images and the algo is sucking anything up within keywords and displaying irrelevant images and links to other sites.

I will report this one for you, but keep an eye on your Maps images from now on, no doubt your name will be attracting a lot more of these random images.

Tim Capper
Google My Business Top Contributor (UK) and SEO consultant at Online Ownership

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks @Tim Capper. I appreciate you pointing this out. However, the same image does not appear when I look at the listing on Google Maps. Is it possible that this is different based on location?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks @Spencer_Wade. I appreciate the suggestion and have sent feedback.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hey @Joe V

It seems to have been removed and I just got work back on my escalation about the image, that it had been reported, fast work today from the Google team.

Just keep an eye on it every couple of weeks, they have a nasty habit of returning

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership