My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Wrong Photo Showing up on Business Listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, When anyone Googles us, the search shows the wrong image next to the business page that appears on the right side of the results.

The business name is: Sk8 47 Skating & Fun Center

Current business address: 2608 Delsea Drive, Franklinville, NJ 08322

Current telephone number: 856-694-0600

URL: https://www.google.com/#q=sk8+47+skating+%26+fun+center

Googling sk8 47 or sk8 47 skating & fun center result in the same. Image is of a police mug shot of a previous owner who was at this address. Customers are concerned about this and questioning. It is hurting my reputation and I can not figure out why my business location photos would not be used, like my logo. Please, please help!

Jim

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Wrong Photo Showing up on Business Listing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jim U

This is a classic case of Google's algorithm getting it wrong. It is using the image because of all the articles, so it therefore thinks its authoratative.

I will escalate this immediately.

PS:

I would add a logo and a proper cover image to your business page, currently its blank.

https://plus.google.com/102650123489291200118/about

Don't add images to the "add to public", rather log into your account and add the images in the proper sections.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am having the same issue. Through google search of PracticeMojo, my Google+ profile picture is visible instead of our logo.

I haven't done anything news worthy so I'm really not sure why it's pulling my picture. I am a manager of our company's Google My Business page.

Is there anything I can do?

-Meg

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Tim,
Logo is there, just double checked it in my business location. I had removed the profile to see if there was any change, which there was not, and forgot to put it back. I put it back now. I will wait to see if Google can fix this. Please let me know if there is anything more I can do to help out. Can't thank you enough for helping to get this fixed. It is most appreciated.
Jim

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Same thing has just happened to our business (searching for DICE FM on google.co.uk) - all of a sudden a random image is being pulled from Google images rather than from our connected business listing page... all photos are up to date so not sure what's happened. Any ideas?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tim,
3 more phone calls today so far. Any idea how long this type of thin takes to resolve?
Once again many thanks!
Jim

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tim, police mug shot still there when googling our business name of sk8 47 or sk8 47 skating & fun center. Have reported it as wrong image many times. Customers very concerned. Can anything be done soon? Many thanks. Jim