My Business
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Wrong Photo Showing on my Business Listing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My Business Name : Ambe International

Current Business Address507, Shah and Nahar Industrial Estate, Dr E Moses Road, Worli Naka, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400018

Current telephone Number : 022-61431234

Google Map URL : https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/Ambe+International/@18.996212,72.819197,11z/data=!4m8!1m2!2m1!1s...

My question is :

We have been having an issue with a Photo appearing on our business Listing and that photo is showing up as featured photo/Cover photo on our listing when we/anybody search our name on Google Maps.

Cover photo which is showing up is from a different tailoring business which is totally different from our business and it was posted yell.com below is the link: 

https://www.yell.com/biz/ambe-international-london-462089/

Link to that wrong photo : Click here

We have already flag the photos as irrelevant to our business but still not taken down.

So I please request you to remove that photo.

Regards,

Ambe International.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Awaiting for reply from experts.

Thanks

Ambe International.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

There are many factors that go into what picture Google chooses to show for your listing. Unfortunately, it is not entirely in your control. It is likely being used because it is a store front showing off the business location (albeit not your business) which is something Google looks for in a good picture for a business. Also, since it has the name of your company in the photo, Google thinks this photo depicts your location best.

I see that the photos that you've uploaded to your listing are from this month (June 2017). I'm not sure how long your listing has been live, but it is possible that because the image you don't want on your listing is showing is because Google found that photo first before you uploaded any pictures. Google will give preferential treatment to the first image it finds if there are no images on the listing.

To try and fix this you can ensure that your preferred picture is set as your Profile or Cover photo by going to your listing dashboard and going to Photos. If at the top it asks you for a Cover Photo or Profile Photo, just click Choose Photo and use your preferred pictures to showcase your business. If you have pictures already chosen and would like to change them, go ahead and click the pencil icon over either chosen photo and change it to your preferred photo.

Here are links to adding local business photos as well as what Google looks for in business-specific photos.

You can also report the image by going to the image, click the 3 dot menu  at the top left next to the photo's name and clicking Report a Problem. Once there, report the photo as "This photo is not in the right location on the map", adding your email address, completing the reCAPTCHA verification and clicking submit. I have already reported it myself, but having you also report will show its legitimacy of a problem.

Lastly, I highly suggest using this Twitter handle (@GoogleMyBiz) and explain to them that the image is of a business in another country. This will escalate it to people that work at Google and they may be able to help you further.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply Patrick P.

I have already set my company images as Cover Photo and Profile Photo but still those photos are not showing as Cover photo.

I too reported the wrong photo from my company id but still the wrong photo didn't get deleted.

I hope some top level members of this forum can help me deleting that wrong photo from my business listing.

Thanks

Ambe International. 

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hey there!

Just sent you a Tweet on Twitter regarding this. 

Cheers,

Jared

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Replied to your tweet.

and all the information I mentioned in my first post only. You can check my first post for any clarification.

TIA.

Ambe International.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Still Awaiting for the solution.

Please remove wrong photo from my business listing.

Link to wrong photo : https://goo.gl/Sqr6Fw