My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Wring profile picture

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I have been struggling with this for 2 weeks. I have been updating my profile picture as the progress of my business keeps moving. When I type in my business on google the old unfinished business picture comes up. This is causing me great distress since the business is done. It looks like it's not because of the picture. In turn hurting my business. I have tried to contact google many many times and so has my seo guy. My business is lock safe self storage. Can someone please look into it for me? Thank you so much 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Wrong profile picture

Top Contributor
# 14
Top Contributor

@Lock Safe S

Unfortunately an other TC ( @Tim Capper ) just reported in my thread "How to add screen captures or similar to posts?" having sometime issues also to include a photo.

An other option to provide a screen capture would be uploading it to a public photo hosting page and to link it then to here

View solution in original post

Re: Wring profile picture

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I can't even get a unique searching for "lock safe self storage"
Would yo please mind specifying the business in question?
Additional to the name "lock safe self storage" would be its address, phone and website very helpful to help you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You cant find my business when you google it? Thatsvery disheartening. Im paying a company good money for seo work. Url is www.locksafeselfstorage.com. location is independence iowa. Phone is 319-448-0175. Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Oh I'm sorry, I get it now. On google maps you don't get a unique searching?? I have contacted google dozens of times about that. The address is 304 Enterprise Ct Sw Independence Iowa

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Lock Safe S

I get in now on  Google and GMaps  for "lock safe self storage near independence Iowa"

Get it on Google  this way:

Screenshot 2016-02-06 at 19.24.34.png

Get it on GoogleMaps  this way:

Screenshot 2016-02-06 at 19.20.16.png

What's wrong with either of both searches?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
When I type in lock safe self storage on maps it takes me to my location, no name on the map though. When I type in my address the business doesn't come up at all. The businesses around me have fixed names on the map. Issue 2. My profile pic won't change when you google my business. Shows the old picture. I have my buildings up now. I feel like I'm losing customers because they don't think it's open.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
got it But what you refer to are Place Labels Learn more about Place Labels https://support.google.com/business/answer/6056435 It is Google Local algorithms that choose what business listings are shown as Place Labels and it is not possible for business owners to request inclusion of the business listing as a Place Label. There is also nothing business owners can do with their business listings to ensure that their businesses are displayed as a Place Label on Maps and Earth.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok, so what do I do about the picture issue? That is the main problem.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
ok

I provided above to screen captures about searches for your business asking you:
"What's wrong with either of both searches?"

You missed to explain me this or miised in any additional way to explain me any issues about your profile pic as I did asked for this.
Where is aprofile picture wrong?

can you provide a screen capture showing me about what wrong profile pic you are talking about?
Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I sent it with a previous email but here it is again. This picture needs to changed and it won't let me. I attached my cover photo in Google my business. I changed it but not changing on the web.