My Business
4K members online now
4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Won't correct wrong address for verified business to former correct address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

The business I work for is Octametro. Last year I got our account verified because I was doing citation updates with Moz Local and everything was correct but it seems an incorrect suggestion was made by an intern thru my profile (mistakenly!) and the address was later changed on Google a few days later. (Yes, this is exactly how it happened)

It now reads: 6394 NW 97th ST

It should read: 6394 NW 97th AVE

Here's the google maps link (even the pinpoint is correct): https://www.google.com/maps/place/Octametro/@25.831487,-80.3567087,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x88d...

I have already tried to "suggest the edit" through Google Maps but even when it says that it will review the change in three days or that the change has gone live, it doesn't change.

I of course have also gone through the "Google My Business" page as I am the owner and edited the address and while it will show the correct address there, it continues to show the incorrect address on Google Maps and my main Business page. 

I have gotten three calls from them, all weeks to months after repeated attempts at correction, the first call went like this. 

"Hi, I'm verifying Octametro's address"...Me: I give it to them..."That's what we have on file"...Me: "Yes I know, I'm the one who did it, but it's not appearing that way"..."Okay, give it a few days and it'll appear"...never happened. The last two calls, the operator has hung up on me both while saying hello and then midway thru asking me for the correct address. 

The business is still verified and thankfully didn't cause me further issues on other citations as Moz had already begun the processes before the mistake occurred. However, I have been trying to correct this issue for over 8 months and still, nothing, so I hope you can see why I seem frustrated. Please someone just tell me what to do to get it corrected.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Stephanie H
May 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Stephanie, 

I'm so sorry to hear you've been dealing with this for so long! I do think the good news is that the map pin is correct so customers should still be finding you without issue. 

Usually Google won't publish a name that conflicts with what they have on maps so i'm surprised that are publishing 'st' and not 'ave' as seen on the street name on maps. 

Have you tried calling Google support at 844-491-9665 or tweeting them @googlemybiz? This seems like a pretty quick update, you just need to land at the correct person. 

Hope this helps!

K

Krystal Taing
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how to here.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @KrystalT, thank you so much! I had been struggling to find the correct number and was not aware of their twitter handle to be honest. Thanks, I'll try both and let you know what happens.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Calling them directly worked! Thank you @KrystalT!