My Business
5K members online now
5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Will I lose my reviews if I change my Google Business name?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I've known that "Name changes that don't reflect core changes to the business's services aren't eligible for review removal", but I don't know how my new brand name is considered by Google, and may I lose all the current reviews.

My old business name is MR Master Mechanics, it's a full-service auto repair in San Diego, CA (https://goo.gl/nx7KZW). Now we changed the brand name into "MR Auto SD".The website domain is changed already (mrautosd.com). Everything has remained: the owner, employees, services, location, etc. Just the brand name changed.

If I change the name on Google Business, will I lose the reviews?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Vu D

No, i dont think so that you'll lose your reviews....... because i changed my business name before some time i didn't lose my reviews........

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

If you’ve created and verified a new listing you can Request to transfer your reviews

If you are the new owner or manager of an existing business that has changed its name, reviews may be removed if your business meets specific criteria.  See more - https://support.google.com/business/answer/3098204

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vu D
May 2017

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You shouldn't lose the reviews. Simply update the business name in Google My Business. Do not create a new listing - that would cause you to lose the reviews.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual