My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Why my shop doesn't show up with a blue flag like so many other shops in my area?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there

I was looking at a Google map for the area in which my shop is based, and can see lots of other shops have a lovely blue or white flag with a link to their website, reviews etc. As someone who has more reviews than many of the shops listed in this way, and who is a customer of Google via Google adwords, I was wondering why my shop isn't featured in this way?!

Please can you either review this or let me know your advice on what I can do to appear on Google maps

Many thanks in advance

Sarah Decent, Modish

3 Green Street, Cambridge, CB2 3JU

https://plus.google.com/113989653176031644991

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why my shop doesn't show up with a blue flag like so many other shops in my area?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
YOu seem asking for a place label.
If so: please read this and learn more about place labels here:
https://support.google.com/business/answer/6056435?hl=en

Re: Why my shop doesn't show up with a blue flag like so many other shops in my area?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Helmut

Thank you so much for the speedy reply - I was trying to remember what this was called! However I am still a little confused as many of the other businesses that are shown in my area have less reviews than I do, a less active website, lower social media presence and in many case have been trading for a much shorter period. I don't suppose you know or could guess at a way in which I could 'encourage' Google's algorithm to look more favourably at my shop. Thank you again Helmut, hope you have a great weekend, Sarah

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I don't believe and never read the number of reviews has anythings to do
with the relevance of a listing and the criteria for a place label.