My Business
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Why isn't my address showing up in my google business listing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Granny Nannies Home Health Care

11300 4th St N Suite 120. St. Petersburg, FL 33716

727 894 2922

https://plus.google.com/106434767248594502657

I'm part of a franchise and recently took over this as one of my new locations.  I've been enabled as a manager and have fully updated our google business listing to look like my other locations to completely include all pertinent details.

However, whenever I check on this listing and it's performance it always fails to list our address.

Any suggestions? This is the first time I'm managing versus owning an account so I guess I'm missing a piece of the puzzle I would have normally setup myself.

Appreciate any help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Andrew B

The listing is currently set as a service area business, which removes the full address from the listing. If you want to display the full address, the business location should be staffed and able to receive customers during its stated hours. The person managing the listing before likely set it as a service area business since they indicated the business is open 24 hours a day.

Also, the business name should just be listed as "Granny Nannies" instead of the way they have it now with the registered trademark symbol, all caps on Nannies, and 'Home Health Care' in the name.

I would recommend reading the Google My Business guidelines to help avoid any potential issues with the listing down the road.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Wow, that was lightning fast on the reply!  Thank you.

See this is where I'm a little confused. We are a 24/7 operation with internal staff answering phones and dispatching home care workers at all hours of the day and night and weekends.  I have it setup as 24/7 and with us serving customers at their locations.

This is where it gets a little peculiar when comparing to our other listings. For instance, here's my Tampa listing.  It is also setup as a 24/7 that serves people at their location, yet the address shows up in the google business listing.  

https://plus.google.com/113892166191935186185/about?gmbpt=true&hl=en&_ga=1.50390441.1641941978.14764...

Any idea why one shows the address and the other doesn't? I have two other locations that also show the address despite being setup the same way.

Thanks for the guideline tips. These locations have been setup for quite some time and clearly it was time to make some adjustments. I'll go in and take of that right now.

Thanks!  Let me know your thoughts on the his odd address thing.

The all caps in "NANNIES" is part of our trademark spelling. Should I still change it to "Nannies".

Also, corporate generally requires us put to put the restricted symbol on everything. I didn't 

Re: Why isn't my address showing up in my google business listing?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Andrew B

For Tampa, you probably have indicated that you also serve customers at the business address. If you go in to edit the address you should see a check box option below where you indicate the service area that says "I also serve customers at my business address. (Your address will be hidden from the public if this box isn't checked.)"

I would go with "Nannies" and without the trademark because of following from the guidelines:

Your name must not include:

Trademark/registered signs.

• Not acceptable: "Burger King®"
  • Acceptable: "Burger King"

Fully capitalized words (with the exception of acronyms) or unnecessary spaces.

• Not acceptable: "SUBWAY"
  • Acceptable: "Subway", "KFC", "IHOP", "JCPenney"

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.