My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Why is there no way to flag fake reviewers?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was looking at Carpetland USA in West Allis Reviews and discovered an obvious fake reviewer. Why can't the reviewer be flagged? 

This seems like an obvious loophole that black hat marketers use to do hatchet jobs on good companies on behalf of competitors.

If you follow the link below to the "Reviewer" you'll see that this person has plausible single reviews until you see the trend in all of their reviews. They hatcheted Carpetland USA in two different locations with seemingly authentic reviews. If this were a real person, why would they go to a local Carpetland where they had a bad experience and then go to another Carpetland out of the area and have a totally different bad experience and review?

It seems completely obvious that this is a fake account. Google is very good about detecting spam in all other areas, with the exception of reviews and reviewers. Something has to be changed.

https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/105657897972757563889/reviews/@36.0941017,-104.86015,5z/data=!3m...