My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Why is my business up for Google Review, but our competition and larger corporations are not?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

One of the many businesses I look after is having troubles combating negative Google reviews. This is an additional challenge that requires more resources to tackle. Accepting this, I've Google searched the industry competition. Despite a larger audience, larger online presence and YouTube account - they don't have Google reviews.

Since most customers only use review systems to vent, this puts my business at a huge disadvantage. Sure, we can implement a number of strategies to dilute the negatives with positives (again, time and resources), but it would never be as clean as a business without Google reviews.

That said, my questions are:

1) I presume there is no way to remove the Google review feature for my business?

2) Why do some of my brand competition - larger brand names with YouTube & Google accounts - not have Google reviews after search?

3) Other massive Australian businesses, such as Telstra and Harvey Norman (even searching by individual store), don't have Google reviews either. How so?

Whatever loophole they've found, I'd like in too.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Why is my business up for Google Review, but our competition and larger corporations are not?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Lewis A can you provide me a link or scren grabe showing a GoogleMyBusiness not having the reviewings feature?