AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Why is my business shown as permanently closed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I posted the same question in another page ( wrong page ) but I can't delete it...

I have moved my business from Italy to England, the name of the business is the same but the rest has changed ( address ).

I have the page below shown as permanently closed ( I asked today a postcard to verify the business --> when I will receive the code should I delete the page ? )

https://www.google.com/maps/place/GioielleriaOnLine/@45.1401227,10.0164398,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1...

===========

The "new" my Business page ( always Gioielleria Online ==> the website is gioielleriaonline.com ) has been validated, blocked, published and blocked again.

The customer care says that I don't have a place where to sell, that I am selling online and that my business name is to sell online. ( By the way I don't know why I can't deal with the English Customer Care, at least they know what is a self-employed and also don't get confused with English... ) The customer care keeps just sending the links with the rules to display a local business... As said to them I have a place where to sell, I can meet customers and my business name is the same I use for my business cards and marketing. I have two brands "michel mazzolini" and "gioiedonia" and I will have some more next year.

It's at least 25-30 days that I didn't solve the problem and found only now about the Google Help pages...

The business is "permanently closed" and I am not selling... I am stuck and still working on a website with no possibilities to sell...

I deleted the "Michel Mazzolini" local business and the "Gioielleria Online" Brand

Basically I deleted everything, except the "old" gioielleria online that popped up a few hours ago after my validation request... + a brand for websites

==========

1)Now should I validate the old "Gioielleria Online" ( address in Italy ) and after that delete the page?

Or transfer it? ( I still have the blocked business with same links and different address in my control panel ).

2)Should I delete the other "new" Gioielleria Online ( proper address in England ) to avoid a conflict - and after that open a new Gioielleria Online with the right English address?

Please let me know if you have some suggestions, I thank you in advance, michel

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michel M
December 2015

Re: Why is my business shown as permanently closed

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Michel M

You will need to send the photos to Google+ support if your attempt to verify the page doesn't work. Contact them via email and include links to the supporting documentation to back up your claim that you're not just an online business.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

HI @Michel M

You've asked quite a few questions in your post so I'm going to break them down in my answer to make sure I get them all. If I miss any, don't hesitate to let me know.

1. There is no option to delete a local business from Google's local database when it has been closed permanently. You can delete it from your dashboard, but then you won't be able to manage it in the future. 

2. Customer service are completely correct in their response to you. Your business name explicitly states 'Online' and as Google's guidelines state online only businesses are not eligible for a Local page then blocking your local page is the correct action to take.

3. You will need to prove to customer service that you do in fact meet customers face-to-face (as per Google's guidelines) to avoid having your page blocked again. Ways to do this include photos of your business signage, or shopfront.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Mrs Priya Chandra,
thank you very much for your kind, quick and precise reply.
I didn't know about the delete / no possibility to change in the future details.
I thought delete = remove all info stored ( like resetting all to 0 ).

I will need probably to verify all again --> bring it to my dashboard and probably transfer somehow to England the address. Am I correct? Can I change the State from my dashboard?

No problem to send some images of the office, the strange thing is that no one told me...
Where should I send the images? Could you please send the link?

Online doesn't just mean online, but I understand the common way of considering the word online.
Specially with all the stuff on the web.

Thank you and best regards,
michel
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michel M
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Michel M

You will need to send the photos to Google+ support if your attempt to verify the page doesn't work. Contact them via email and include links to the supporting documentation to back up your claim that you're not just an online business.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi PriaC, thank you!
I will try to fix everything in the next week...
Thank you for your help,
michel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi how can i open my buisness page it says permanyley closed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a similar problem now. When I search my company on google, it displays "permanently closed".

What is the email address (in Google Singapore or Asia Pacific) that I can write to to resolve this issue?

Thank you in advance

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Joyce O

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

will close this older thread now for new replies