My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Why is my business PERMANENTLY CLOSE AND SHOWS A WRONG ADDRESS ON MAPS

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same problem. I have set up the map and Business page of my recently opened restaurant called Shandiz Dubai. However, I searched up Shandiz Dubai a few days ago and it showed up as PERMANENTLY CLOSED. this has caused me lots of concerns as people call and ask if it's been closed. I have reported many times, from different accounts and have claimed my business as well but the post card has not been sent yet and even the location on the map has been changed so I can't request for a new post code. PLEASE help me set it as 'open' as soon as possible!

1. Full business name : Shandiz Dubai
2. Current business address : Emirates Concorde Hotel, Al Maktoum St. , Al Rigga, Dubai
3. Current telephone number : 00971559263085
4. Google+ URL: https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/114203863825720652519/114203863825720652519/about/p/pub?_ga=1.19593220...

The Google maps page of the business with wrong address:  https://www.google.com/maps/place/Shandiz+Dubai/@25.2592116,55.3230082,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why is my business PERMANENTLY CLOSE AND SHOWS A WRONG ADDRESS ON MAPS

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Kiana k

As far as I can tell you the URL you provided for your business page of your restaurant "Shandiz Dubai"  seems not being verified or activated.

It at least isn't tied to GMaps yet (while your other link points to a permanently closed "Shandiz" at an other address)

So we need to know or understand why your business page 

seems not being verified or activated or isn't at least tied to GMaps.

Please provide two  screenshots showing the page in question in your dashboard

- one after having clicked "MANAGE LOCATION" and

- one more after having clicked "EDIT"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Screen Shot 2016-03-17 at 6.00.30 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-03-17 at 6.00.57 PM.pngThank you so much for your reply, here are the screenshots. I dont understand how on the business page it also has the correct business location '40 Al Maktoum St.' 

Also, I just received an email saying 'Your changes have been published' however when I clicked on 'View your edit' it was the same thing as before which is "Permanently Closed' and '38 Al Maktoum St.' which is the wrong address.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Kiana k

already your first screenshot shows me the page in question isn't yet verified (it tells on top you requested 8th of Februar a PIN but didn't yet enter it (may be you didn't even got it sent or received it)

What happens if you click the link top the page "I don't have a code"?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 1.49.16 PM.png

Yeah I mentioned that I have requested for one but I have not received it, before however I could have still make changes even tho the business was not claimed! but now none of my edits are being published.
When I click on the 'I dont have a code', it shows the google map location and requesting a new post code, however as you know the location on the map is not fully correct (38 Al Maktoum St. instead of 40 Al Maktoum St.) so Im not sure about requesting a new one incase they would not be able to find Shandiz restaurant?

I guess I will request for a new one, but editing the google maps should still be possible but my edits for changing the business to open are not being published :( !

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Kiana k

Sorry Kiana

Apparently its my huge mistake not having noticed the address you are trying to claim is not your actual business address.

But now you made this more clear to me

In that case it is not a good idea  to claim the outdated address.

Let it marked as closed and create for your correct actual business address a listing using business.google.com/create and verify this correct address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What if I request for a new post code and write the name of receiver and the hotel as the attn? maybe then the delivery person would be able to find it? its on the same street only a bit further away

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
it could be an option - but only in case you get the PIN postcard delievered

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I just added Shandiz on Google maps again and made a new Business + page for it, however its still being reviewed and I feel like it not going to be published, because when I used to make changes on the Shandiz page, it used to be published after 10 mins or less.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
adding it for the old address or for your new address?

In the latter case you can't expect it getting published until the PIN arrived and you entered it