My Business
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Why is Google My Business not available for my domain address?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to access Google My Business and it is showing the error that I do not have access to this service and to contact the domain administrator. The administrator has turned on Google+ services for all users — why is this error still showing up? What other notifications need to be turned on in order to access this service? 

Thank you. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why is Google My Business not available for my domain address?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Austin

Please provide details of the business (name, address, phone) and the GMB page. Also pls include a screenshot of the error message you're seeing.
Unfortunately with your description we don't have any details to start researching & troubleshooting.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
It could be a browser security setting. The sub domain of GMB is different then G+. And you will have to make an exception for both separately if this is so.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I am trying to access Google My Business to set up a brand page for Austin Retina Associates (austinretina.com). This is the error I am receiving but I am not sure why as the administrator already turned on Google+ for all users: 

Screen Shot 2016-02-29 at 3.53.19 PM.png

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Austin

I see five different pages for "austin retina", so I'm still not sure which one you're referring to.
However I do believe @Hoang P is correct. This looks much more like a security setting at your service end than an issue with a Google My Business page.

the domain for Google My Business pages is business.google.com, whereas Google+ domain is plus.google.com.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Austin,
Google+ is not the service that grants access to My Business on Apps accounts.
Ask your domain administrator to enable access to the Google My Business service in his Admin console.
It should be listed under Additional Google Services.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@treebles, thank you for the clarification.  Does it mean we don't need to enable Google+ to use the Google My Business service?