My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Why has Business listing disappeared from Search?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I successfully verified my Google My Business account for my business "Get NDIS Ready" 8 days ago. Instantly it was showing in Google Search for the search term "Get NDIS Ready" which I was very happy about. Three days ago, my listing disappeared from Search altogether. The account is still live and can be found on Google Maps but it has gone from Search. Why? I did the "fix" I read about online and moved the location pin slightly, but this has not worked. Has a competitor requested my listing be removed from Google? Can this happen? Why haven't Google informed me that there is an issue? I own this business name legally in Australia, why is this happening? I have a screenshot to show that it was appearing one week ago. Thanks in advance for advice.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why has Business listing disappeared from Search?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Liz P

Google doesn't like bsuinesses with service area like yours - almost entirely covering Aussi-land:

screenshot-www.google.de 2016-06-24 14-01-23.png

I nevertheless get you searching for "Get NDIS Ready near Gladesville"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Helmut, I appreciate the feedback, I'm new to this and had no idea about the service area limitations - I have revised this section so it only covers Sydney - I have also changed my logo to remove the URL from the jpeg. I had a lot of traffic to my site for the search term "Get NDIS Ready" and now zero traffic because no-one will search for "Get NDIS Ready near Gladesville" - is there anyway Google will restore my listing for the search term "Get NDIS Ready" now I have changed those details? I'm a single mum trying to run an online business for the first time and have I own the business name legally. Can I appeal? If so, how do I do that? Thank you in advance :)

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
YOu listing is live - therefore there is nothings to apeal with - IMHO.
It's just of a bad status and is therefore very bad ranked.