My Business
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Why do I need to have Google re-crawl my business for it to show up in results?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I initiate a Google "crawl" my business (Thermal Pest Control) will show up in a "bed bug exterminator" search couple of days later. In about a week or two the same search will not display my business until I initiate another Google crawl. Why does this keep happening?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Phillip

Are you talking about the right hand side Knowledge panel not showing up, or something else?

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No, I am not referring to the right side Knowledge panel. I am referring to a Google internet search using key words that are, and have been, relevant to my business. When I search (as a customer would), using key words, from my Business address, my business will often not show up. I then will initiate a Google crawl request and within a day or so the business search will yield my business in the search results. I must do this "crawl" approximately once a week. Is this manual crawl process necessary in order for Google to stay current on, and display, local businesses in a local search?

Thermal Pest Control

19289 Harmony Church Rd Leesburg VA 20175

Philip Trankovich

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Phillip

I think I know what you are talking about, but just to prevent back and forth forum messages can you provide a screenshot of where you see your results and one where you do not see them?

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog