My Business
5K members online now
5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Why do I have to constantly review updates to my business info that I know to be incorrect?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Every time I log in to manage my business listings, I have a long list of "suggested updates" that I have to review for things that were entered correctly and have reviewed (and disputed) time and again! I KNOW what my business offers, so why do I continually have to dispute updates that say we don't offer delivery service when we absolutely do? Just because some user who answered questions about our business wasn't aware of the fact?

Is there any way to lock the information down for things like that?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Why do I have to constantly review updates to my business info that I know to be incorrect?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

There's no way to lock changes, unfortunately. And, from Google's perspective, with good reason. Many of the verified listings often get orphaned and are left without someone like you that monitors for changes to their listing. 

Perhaps there's an opportunity to market your delivery service to customers more to improve awareness? 

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter