My Business
5K members online now
5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Why did my business show up closed a week after I completed the business listing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

The business already had a listing and I was asked to help the owner log in and manage the page.

Liberty Village Market and Cafe
65 Jefferson Ave, Toronto, ON M6K 1Y3

416-530-0477

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Liberty+Village+Market+%26+Cafe/@43.638045,-79.4235687,17z/data=!3...

Today I was notified by the owner that the listing shows as closed.
I reported this 'closure' on the listing page. Now I have since logged in to the back end and see there is no other place to report this or any explanation as to how or why this happened. 

I noticed 3 total listings, the one I created and 2 duplicates - which show they are under my management.

I tried to merge the pages but this was difficult and I could not complete it. At this point, I have removed one and wish to merge the other.
My question is how to merge?
Also and most importantly why was the business marked as closed? Who is to blame for this?
How long will this take to fix?
Why is there no verification of this closure in the back end for me to correct?

Thank you 
TD

1 Expert replyverified_user

Why did my business show up closed a week after I completed the business listing?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You can submit an edit via Google My Business to ensure it doesn't appear with the Closed label. It doesn't seem to have one today. 

It sounds like the duplicates aren't appearing on Google Maps. If not, simply delete the extra listing from your account. There's no benefit to merging.

Finally, I noticed that you're using a FB page from the authority page on the listing. I don't think that's technically allowed.

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter