My Business
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Why can outside searchers view our business reviews but our office computers cannot see them?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There,

I have a weird but hopefully easy question to answer. This client of mine, Bland and Associates, recently started reaching out to their clients asking for google business reviews. Last week they received several new reviews (around a dozen). This week the went to peak on their reviews and noticed that when they search for their business, Google my Business initially shows they have 16 reviews but when they click to see the reviews, they can now can't see their reviews or sometimes only one or two reviews show. (previously they could see all)

This is what THEY see when they Google themselvesThis is what THEY see when they Google themselvesThis is ALL THEY see when they click on reviews (sometimes nothing written shows - only a star total)This is ALL THEY see when they click on reviews (sometimes nothing written shows - only a star total)This is what I see when I search (as an outsider, off location) All 16 reviews plus verbiage.This is what I see when I search (as an outsider, off location) All 16 reviews plus verbiage.

When I, as an outside searcher, Googles them, I can see and read all 16 reviews just fine. They tried logging out of Google, using an incognito window, clearing their cache, different browsers and devices. Can someone please educate me on what can cause this viewing discrepancy?

Thank you kindly!
Kristen

1. Bland and Associates (Omaha, NE)

2. 450 Regency Pkwy Ste 120, Omaha, NE 68114

3. (402) 397-8822

4. https://www.google.com/maps/dir/''/bland+and+associates+omaha+ne/@41.2549528,-96.1447879,12z/data=!3...

5. http://blandcpa.com/

Save

3 Expert replyverified_user

Why can outside searchers view our business reviews but our office computers cannot see them?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Another individual experienced something similar and basically described it as a loading problem. Such symptoms are usually browser-based, but, as you note, you've done the normal steps to rule that out. 

Additionally, the API team has noted there's an inconsistency in the delivery of reviews through the API. I wonder if the two might be related and there are serving issues related to reviews. 

I'm unable to reproduce the issue. Thankfully, it seems like it isn't widespread, but still a bummer.

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter

Re: Why can outside searchers view our business reviews but our office computers cannot see them?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Kristen H

for me it's the same as for @Joel H

I get all reviews (but I'm definitively "outside" as I'm in Germany)

Screenshot 2017-02-28 at 12.53.54.pngScreenshot 2017-02-28 at 12.54.29.png

Re: Why can outside searchers view our business reviews but our office computers cannot see them?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Kristen H, @Helmut Geissler, @Joel H

I'm seeing the same as Kristen. Just the one review from Marj is showing for me when I click to view the 16 reviews. I tried on mobile and desktop with multiple browsers and I'm seeing the same on all. I've been experiencing this with a lot of listings lately.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Joel H

Thank you for linking the API post. I searched the forum every which way I could think of to form my question in a way someone else may have, with no luck. As I understand it from reading that page, this is a glitch, Google is looking into a solution, and right now all we can do is wait? Are you aware if I need to send this issue directly to Google or can I safely assume that it will be fixed across the board. 

@Helmut Geissler   @TomW  And thank ALL of you kindly for taking time to help solve / troubleshoot this problem!

Kristen

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Helmut Geissler it might be worth bringing to Marissa's attention. There have been a couple of posts experiencing the same symptoms on different listings. While possible, I don't think it is related to the API issue. Feels more like a frontend error. 

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Joel H

can you do me the favor linking few more posts showing the same symptoms on different listings.

It makes Marissas hard job not that hard perhaps ;-)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler@Joel H

Is there anything else that I can or should be doing to help make sure this gets resolved? I have eager clients who want to make sure I stay on top of the situation :-)

Kristen