My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Why are all my 5 star review vanishing from google?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We had a few 5 star and 4 star review to whom we also responded as owners and now they are all vanishing. The ones with the bad stars are still there? How is this possible? Is someone removing them . I kept and saved a copy of those reviews. IT is really irritating and bad for our business that all the good ones are being removed. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why are all my 5 star review vanishing from google?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Please include the following with your question:
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. Google+ URL

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Business name: Kashmir Restaurant
18-20 Lacy Road, Putney London SW15 1NL
https://business.google.com/u/0/b/106155644056455056829/dashboard/l/06017948878437247951?hl=en

We had 3 notification emails from google about 3 of our excellent genuine reviews and all of them vanished ranging from a few hours to a day. We even responded to the reviews and thanked the reviewers on google but all of them disappeared. I kept a snapshot of one of the 4 star review on 1st august and could not trace anything which was inappropriate in that it should be removed. I have attached a copy of those emails.

Its really strange only our excellent rating reviews keep on vanishing and so soon. I have had some bad reviews as well from fake reviewers which are still visible.

Would appreciate your assistance in reinstating these.

Thanks
Shweta

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 8:26 PM
Subject: just left a review for Kashmir A Culinary Paradise on Google My Business
To: <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Kashmir A Culinary Paradise
You just got a 5-star review
“Not just an excellent Indian restaurant…”
<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>
Read review
This review hasn't been approved yet and may be removed from your page. Learn more about review policies.
Contact Us
Visit our Help Center
Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043
Unsubscribe from these emails.

Date: Sun, Jul 31, 2016 at 10:14 PM
Subject: just left a review for Kashmir Restaurant on Google My Business
To:<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Kashmir Restaurant
You just got a 5-star review
“I am yet to dine in Kashmir culinary…”
Read review
This review hasn't been approved yet and may be removed from your page. Learn more about review policies.
Contact Us
Visit our Help Center

Date: Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 3:17 PM
Subject: just left a review for Kashmir Restaurant on Google My Business
To: <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Kashmir Restaurant
You just got a 4-star review
“Fantastic indian restaurant, definitely…”
Read review
Contact Us
Visit our Help Center

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines, in order to remove account specifics and/or personal contact information in six places. This is done to protect account security and privacy.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Kashmir R

I see three reviews from the last week.

In case your guest post reviews via your WiFi it might be the case they get filtered after posting them.

I btw see in Googles cache one more review from the last week 

its posted by 

Jack Whittman

in the last week

Fantastic indian restaurant, definitely the best in Putney! The food was out of this world, extremely flavourful and didn't feel heavy or uneasy the next day, which is pretty unusual. No chilli powder but real indian spices add such wonderful taste. Absolutely delicious and offer really good service. I just wish I didn't have to wait for 20 mins to get a table... But, ITS A MUST TRY!!

Response from the owner - in the last week
Dear Sir, Thanks a lot for reviewing us on google. We are so delighted you enjoyed our food and service. Please accept our apologies that you had to wait for a table for 15- 20mins. We would highly recommend making reservations especially for weekends. We look forward to serving you again soon. Warm Regards, Manager

Not quite sure why it got filtered.
Maybe due to the ALLCAPs and doubled exclamations  ITS A MUST TRY!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Well isn't it possible that google intimates these reviewers that by putting double exclamation marks or writing all Caps they are getting removed, so atleast they edit and it stays.

These 3 reviews were not posted while they were at the restaurant or using our wifi definitely. Maybe they posted via BT wifi but definitely not from our wifi. Is there some way we can approach them or google can intimate them to edit as per the guidelines and they are reinstated. Atleast i cannot see any of these.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
there are tons of items triggering Googles anti spam algos and for obviousl reasons Google will not publish them nor hint reviewers on such triggers.

Think your best choice is having not as much as possibke reviews but few very impressive ones.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Its really strange one of our reviews which had vanished from 6th july with 5 star rating appeared yesterday for a day and it has again disappeared today. It appeared along with my reply to the reviewer ?? How is it possible it appears and disappears on its own every now and then unless someone is doing it.