My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Who can post false information about your business ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A customer informed me that when they google searched my business, it showed that the business is permanently closed. I immediately reported that the information is false and incorrect by clicking the report button and have since verified my business with Google business.

I'm trying to find out how the misinformation happened so it will not happen again. Can anyone report false information of a business without proper authorization ?  Were they able to do it

because I hadn't verified my business ? Any insights will be appreciated.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Who can post false information about your business ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Everybody can mark a business a closed.
It's an other matter to get such info published or denied..
In the MapMaker history of a listing we should see more.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Annie,

It is definitely harder to have changes made to a verified business, by the non-business owner. If you have not yet verified your business then I highly recommend doing so.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Recently an ex business partner created a competing business. He has control over The Barking Lot Palm Springs account and has steadily done malicious and possible illegal actions to hurt my business. He listed the phone # for the Barking Lot as the one for his new business. He changed the category of our business to restaurant and the business name. Indeed he even closed the business. I can't get help with this anywhere. I need to know what to do to fix it but more importantly are there criminal violations associated with these actions, especially since only one person could have made them.

I am so frustrated trying to find out how to alert Google to these actions in a timely manner, especially when I need their support.. My business could close since he is stealing my customers with these actions.

Please help me. I need help sooner, not after three days of searching.

Thank you.

Tom Sperduto

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
@Tom:

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.