AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Which page should I promote?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google+ help have told me to contact you. I have these pages: 

First link, Verified Local page
https://plus.google.com/115014892594460021785/about
Second Link, Unverified Local page
https://plus.google.com/+Only4kidsDk/about
Third Link, Brand page.
https://plus.google.com/u/0/108944362911416508753/posts

I don't know how they are connected and which ones I should post from. As 1 and 2 seems to be almost the same I guess I should just use no 1 since it is verified and cancel no 2? 

Are 1 and 3 connected and what is the difference between them? Is one of them my google business page and the other my G+ page and are they connected with each other? I would like to know which one I should post from regarding my business and which one I should like to from my site etc. Sorry for the basic questions but I can't really figure out the two. :(

BR

Henrik

Re: Which page should I promote?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello @Henrik T

Happy to help! Google's changed their branding for local business pages a few times, so I know it can get confusing. 

I'll use the same numbers you did, so when I'm talking about number one, two, and three, you'll know which I'm talking about. 

Number 2 is what's called a ghost page. You can safely ignore it. If you see it in your dashboard, go ahead and delete it. 

Number one is a Google My Business page. Everything in there feeds into google maps and the local map results, as well as the knowledge panel. It's important to make sure that your hours, photographs, business name, number, and so on are all correct here. You can also post social media content here if you like, but no one will see it unless they already follow your page (you have one follower). 

Number 3 is just a brand page, and solely exists to give you a place to post social media content to that page's followers. There's a way to merge your brand page with your Google My Business profile (your number one and number three) if you want, but since both only have one or two followers, it really doesn't matter. 

If you want my advice, don't bother using Google+ as a social platform at all. Keep your profile number one, keep it up to date, use it to respond to customer reviews, and so on, but don't bother posting any social content or linking your site to any of them. Your time would almost certainly be better spent on Facebook, unless Google+ is much more popular in Denmark than it is here. When it comes to social media, the first rule is always to spend time where your customers are. They're probably not on Google+.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Which page should I promote?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much @james w.

@James W wrote:

Hello @Henrik T

Number one is a Google My Business page. Everything in there feeds into google maps and the local map results, as well as the knowledge panel. It's important to make sure that your hours, photographs, business name, number, and so on are all correct here. You can also post social media content here if you like, but no one will see it unless they already follow your page (you have one follower). 

Does this mean I have to keep the name as my official company name and can't use say my Only4kids.dk to illustrate that it is a website? 

Google+ is not really used that much but I would like to post a bit here and there still and get more followers. Should I then only use number 1 and forget about number 3 or merge them (how?!)? Also if I want a logo with G+ on my website should I refer to number 1? 

You write that 1 is my business page. Does this mean I don't have a "Google+ page" and that it is always a business page or a brand page (when it is for companies)? And are there any advantages using one over the other?