My Business
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Which language for International business?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am managing several GMB pages for an international business.

When it comes to countries that use a different character set (eg, Saudi Arabia, Russia, Israel), we'd like to serve our business information in the correct language, depending on where the user is searching from.

EG, someone searching from google.com.sa would find our listing with the address written in Arabic, while it would be in English for google.com users.

Is there a way to influence this?

Does the listing language influence the local rankings on Google?

Thank you for you help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Which language for International business?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Depending on the country from which it is searched and also crucially the users preferred language searches, Google will translate / display in the correct language.

You cannot change a preferred language.

However certain languages ( I am not sure how many ) BUT if i searched in the UAE in Arabic for Google my Business and I would be able to create my page in Arabic, this would be the set preferred language display.

However I could set up in country language if it was originally set up in that country.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership