My Business
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Which Categories should i choose for ASTROLOGY

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Which categories should i choose for astrology .. i had a bussiness relative astrology. and there is no categories listed about it..
I think google should have to add this categories to field 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Which Categories should i choose for ASTROLOGY

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Akshit B.

Google uses a very restricted set of default categories and infers other ways to categorize the business based on the information found in the business web site.

You would have to choose one from the default category that is closest to your business.

I doubt very much that Google would add a category for astrology.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Akshit B.

Google uses a very restricted set of default categories and infers other ways to categorize the business based on the information found in the business web site.

You would have to choose one from the default category that is closest to your business.

I doubt very much that Google would add a category for astrology.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

There are many categories which Google doesn't cover as of now. Astrology is also one of those.
I would suggest to add 'Consultant' or 'Counselor' in your category beside adding the word Astrologer to your business name and description.

Manav

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Manav F

Adding descriptors to the business name is against Google Guidelines and it should not be done

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

What about any professional who is rendering service under his/her expertise ?

Google says this -

Individual practitioners (e.g. doctors, lawyers, real estate agents)
An individual practitioner is a public facing professional, typically with his or her own customer base. Doctors, dentists, lawyers, financial planners, and insurance or real estate agents all are individual practitioners. Pages for practitioners may include title or degree certification (e.g. Dr., MD, JD, Esq., CFA).

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You can use Astrologer in your business name and description

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Here is a list of synonyms for Google "My Business" categories. I hope this helps.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hello Craig,
There is no Astrology category so the list of synonyms is of not help in this case.
Also, you linked to the US categories, while @Ashkit seems to be located in India, which uses a different set of default categories based on English (UK) instead.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

@treebles I am aware there is no "Astrology" category. With this in mind, it is likely important to be thinking in terms of synonyms here, regardless of country of origin.

I am not sure where @Akshit B is located, but I'm sure there is categorical overlap if he is indeed in India. 

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi @Manav F

A Practitioner in Google's eyes is a licenced practitioner and as your copy shows, is entitled to use their qualification / degree in the title.

Looking at the federation of astrology, I can't see a recognised "title" but it would not be Astrologer.

For Example a practitioner in the guidelines Example would be :

Ak [censored] Bhardwaj, AST    ( I made up the AST )  not  Ak [censored] Bhardwaj, Astrologer

You also forget that even practitioners have to have an actual business location, I can't see that there is a registered business location.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership