My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Where does my My Business data display?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've created an entry in My Business (and it's verified), added an Introduction, and added photo's for the section Profile, Logo, Cover, Team and Work.

Where do these display for a customer?

If I do a Google search of my industry in my area, my business appears on the right hand side of the search results along with a map, business hours and category, but there's no photo's apart from my logo, and no Introduction.

Any help appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Where does my My Business data display?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Rich B

Photo's get randomised and displayed as Google feels appropriate in the Knowledge Panel ( right hand side )

The description is not displayed in KP, but users can view in Google+

People can also view more images if the search in Maps and also regular search in mobile, because in mobile, the KP is the Map listing.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tim

I am having the same problem. I have written an introduction but when i search for our company it just says the category.

How come i can't see our intro but I can see others for example the trafford centre?

Thanks

Adele

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Without showing me exactly, I am guessing that what you are seeing, is not the intro from the business page, but rather what we call a summary snippet, which Google creates based upon information of the business extracted from other sources on the web.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership