My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

When searching "near me" my business listing does not show up.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business is active on Google Maps. We manage the listing, have 40 reviews, pictures, have a website and are on other review sites such as Yelp... but our listing does not populate at all when I search "auto body shops near me" on Google. I am within 3 miles of the listing when I search the "near me" function.  If I search "auto body shop Paterson" -where the business is located, the listing does populate. 

I'd like insight as to why the listing isn't populating in the "near me search" and also - why, when we have more reviews/pictures etc than other local body shops, does our listing not return higher up in Google searches. 

Better Than Ever Auto Body & Auto Sales LLC

66 E Railway Ave. Paterson, NJ 07512

973-345-9005

http://www.betterthaneverautobody.com/

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Better+Than+Ever+Auto+Body+%26+Auto+Sales+LLC/@40.899125,-74.15693...

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Joseph N

If your business listing has been verified and you search for your exact business name or phone number, your listing should appear.

If you search for a business category or keywords related to your business - for example 'auto body shop Paterson' your business listing may not appear. How Google determines which businesses appear in the this case is decided from over 200 factors. Just because you have more reviews or are the closest business doesn't guarantee that your listing will appear first.

This video from Google covers some of the possible reasons in more detail: I can’t find my business on Google

I hope this is of some help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI I just posted about the same issue and quite frankly that's total crap. There is absolutely no reason other businesses that are exactly the same as mine should show up but mine wouldn't. Salons that aren't even in the area are showing up and salons down the street that don't even have pictures or reviews, but mine is no where to be found. How do I fix this because this is clearly an error. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Joseph N,

I agree with @Mark W. There are many factors that play into which businesses appear in the local pack results. In particular with you industry because there are a lot of Auto Body Shops in the area. Another factor to think about is your past click history. If you are not in private browsing mode then Google is more likely to show sites that you clicked on in the past. If you are doing searches like "auto body shop Paterson" and clicking on competitor websites it's likely Google will show those sites for the near me searches over yours.

Try using the Google Ad Preview Tool to get a better idea of what results look like in your area.