My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

When searching my business online why does a different business show up?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I do a Google search both on mobile and desktop, for my business, Brandon MRI, a competitor shows up instead. How do I resolve this issue? 

The name of the competitor is very similar to mine so I could understand the confusion but our patients don't appreciate it when looking up directions to our facility or worse potential patients might think we are the competitor. The competitor is "Brandon Open MRI".

I've verified our business listing on Google already. What else can I do to resolve this?

Thank you,

Samantha McGuire

1 Expert replyverified_user

When searching my business online why does a different business show up?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Samantha M
This sometimes happens with queries, where the name of the company is similar enough to a "general" query that Google gets confused.

It looks as though your overall online presence isn't quite as strong or maybe as old as the other business.  

To help Google understand this business listing better, I recommend getting this location listed in more local and industry directories.

You could also markup the address on the website with microdata (schema.org) on the locations page.

Even better would be to have individual pages for each location rather than all on one.  Include information about the location that is specific to that location (photos, parking info, access info, etc), including a google map of the location if you can.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog